Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time-Out

I noticed that Boston drew on the couch with a red crayon (last week it was green). So I had him look at the mark with me and explained that it was a no-no. I was reminding him that he went to time-out last time because he kept doing it and not listening to me and proceeded to ask him if he wanted to go to time-out again. He looks at me and nods his head yes and I watch as he walks over to the corner and stands there and faces the corner. I wasn't actually going to put him in time-out but was giving him a warning. My heart melted as I sat behind him as he stood himself in the corner and he would look over his shoulder every few seconds with nothing but love in his eyes. All I wanted to do was give him a hug and tell him how much I love him, so that's what I did!!!

So, he got himself out of a punishment by punishing himself and I wouldn't be surprised if he was using reverse psychology on me. He's a smart little boy and knows his mom too well!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Too cute Jess! Give him a hug for me too please!

Mom D. said...

Ohhh...how can anyone resist! He sure is a cutie!

Ann Marie said...

What a precious story! Cute Boy!!!