Monday, September 8, 2008

People make me laugh. . .



Ok, honestly maybe not laugh, more like shake my head, sigh, roll my eyes. . .
A mailman (not our regular) just came to the door to drop off a letter. Boston just went to sleep. The door was WIDE open, I was sitting on the stairs right in front of the door in plain view of our visitor and he RINGS the doorbell. SIGH!!!! That reminded of an incident that happened a couple of weeks ago. I use the word incident because in the nursing world when something goes wrong, and I mean a BIG mistake, you fill out an incident report. In my world the word "incident" is not a good word. So, an incident happened a couple of weeks ago with a realtor (not the first, not the last- but this one made my eyes roll right out of my head). It's not uncommon for a realtor to knock on your door once and then let themselves on in, with no notice, calls or warnings. So I was upstairs putting Boston down for his nap (this is the magic moment of incidents') and someone is ringing the doorbell over and over again. AHHHHHHH!!!! I run downstairs and by this time this realtor lady is in our house yelling "hello??" over and over again. She looks at me and says " I talked to Tobias (our realtor) and wanted to come by to see the house. He told me that I couldn't because you were putting your baby to sleep. So I thought I'd drop by just to see the backyard, so can I go and see it?". Are you kidding me????

3 comments:

Nataluscious said...

After reading your story, that bottom picture is most fitting. I think I would have had to slap that woman.

Mibi and Lee said...

WOW!!!!! I would have FREAKED! So why are you selling you house?

Erica Bass said...

What the heck lady?!? I would have smacked her. Or wished I could.