Monday, September 8, 2008

More spinach mom. . .


Boston doesn't eat as a hobby like I do. Some days he eats like he has a bottomless pit and some days he eats like a bird. Finding EXACTLY what he wants is another chore. He eats like some normal 2 year olds- hates veggies, loves pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, etc. and then he has some weird habits. He won't eat very many leftovers, he likes fresh food. He will eat Tabouli (greek salad dish made of bulgar wheat, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onion, EVOO, lemon juice) which some adults won't even eat and his favorite food of all time is a Dutch oven pancake. Like I said, getting veggies in him has been quite a chore. I have recently discovered, however, that he loves sauteed spinach (fresh of course). He will eat it with curried moroccan rice (I told you he was a weirdo) or by itself. Tonight he made my heart soar with excitement when he kept asking for more. He was laying under the table playing with his plane (I had given up trying to feed him a sandwich at the table and let him play) and all of the sudden I heard these beautiful words "more spinach mom". Aaaaahuuuuhhhaaaahhh (imagine Ariel the Little Mermaid singing or an Angel Choir). Music to my ears. I kept feeding him under the table, bite after bite per his request. I didn't push my luck and make him sit in his chair. I would have fed him off the floor if he wanted (ok, not really, or maybe if it was REALLY clean). He ate almost an entire bag of spinach for dinner. Thank you little man for making your mom the happiest person in the world tonight.

2 comments:

Rita said...

I call this little joys of life. Isn't it wonderful when they ask for more (of the right foods, that is) :) That's funny though that Boston likes all these ethnic foods! I am impressed. Also, I don't think there are "normal 2yr olds"! I've read that as long as they eat a variety of foods throughout the week, they get enough in their system, even if they skipped a day or two of veggies. Some days Eva won't eat anything but green beans!

Rita said...

I meant to say there are NO normal 2yr olds!