Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mama and little man date at Disneyland


Boston looking out the window on the Nemo Submarine ride.


At the bottom of the "Tarzan Tree House". Boston is looking up at ALL THOSE STEPS WE JUST CLIMBED. Whew. . .what a trek. And look how tired he looks. He's even got bags under his eyes (I think it's just a camera trick~ he was still very hyper).



So Boston and I went on a little afternoon date to Disneyland today and had SO much fun. It was a gorgeous 85 degrees and sunny when we got there at 10:30am. We took the tram from the parking lot and the stroller fell off of it (B was sitting next to me, NOT in the stroller). B and I just looked at each other and I said "Well, that's interesting" and sighed and wondered how we were going to get that back. Luckily a service van was behind us and picked it up.

We started out in Toon Town and went on the Roger Rabbit spin ride. It was a little scary for Boston because he climbed on my lap and hugged me for dear life. I loved it, mostly because of the big, squishy hug I got during the whole ride.

Then we ventured over to the Nemo Submarine ride and waited in line for about 30 minutes. In the meantime Boston made friends with a Philippino family of 6 who took some pictures of him and wanted us to sit by them- the ride was fun too. While I was holding him in line he also tapped the back of an older gentleman who looked like he was a rough and tough biker back in the day. Then B made him high-five and fist-bump over and over for about 5 minutes.

Then we went on Autopia and B drove for a bit and then sat lower-rider style just chillin and checkin out the scenery. Then we went to The Jungle Cruise and climbed the Tarzan Treehouse . . . wow is that all we did in 3 hours. Well it was a ton of fun and on the way out B made more friends. We were waiting for the tram and a brother and sister (around 8 and 10) were sitting on the ground and B sat down and scooted over to them and sat in between them like he was a long lost cousin. He does this at restaurants too. He'll go find a table (or 2 or 3) with a family and an empty chair and sit in the chair and start a conversation, probably about how much it would be if they would take him home with them.

5 comments:

Mom D. said...

Boston definitely looks much older in this picture. Okay, baby boy, you cannot grow anymore until Nana and Papa come to see you...you are growing way toooo fast!!

Sounded like you had tons of fun with Boston at Disneyland - he is such a friendly boy - just like his momma.

See you in a few days:)

Nate and Tasha said...

Wish I was there, but I am so glad you guys went. I have been a few times by myself (and Kalli) as well and had a great time. I would love to go with you guys again (maye when things settle down a little).

Nadine said...

I wish I was at Disneyland with you guys! Can't wait to see you both!

Ann Marie said...

Isn't it so great watcing your kids just light up at D-land?! I love it!

Unknown said...

So cute! I couldn't stop laughing the whole time I read the post! What a cute little boy he is!