Thursday, April 24, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Newport Beach is becoming one of my favorite places for daytrips. Besides having 2 very awesome friends who live there, there is some really cool stuff.




Need I say more? My favorite is the dark chocolate cupcake.





This is the kid's room at Swirls Frozen Yogurt. It is similar to Pinkberry (which I sampled for the first time today, but didn't like the flavors- all they had was original, coffee and green tea). The flavors at Swirls include Mango Passion Fruit, Blueberry (my fav), green tea. original and a rotating flavor. The one's I've tried are pineapple and green apple (another fav). So fresh and just SO GOOD!!!! Don't you just love this room?


And finally. . . .


Art-o-mat machines are retired cigarette vending machines that have been converted to vend art. There are 82 active machines in various locations throughout the country. You pay $5 and receive a token to put in the machine. Then you can choose your piece of art by the artist. You never know what you are going to get. Very cool! And. . .


This is where the art-o-mat is located. It's called the Living Room Salon and Gallery. What a great concept. This picture is of the front desk in the lobby (which resembles a living room and displays works of art). Very cool!

1 comment:

Nate and Tasha said...

I MUST try this Swirlz place out (if it is better than Swirls in LR). You have to show me your Art-o-mat art when you get it and I will show you our NY garbage :) Art at its finest!